Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Photos from Togo


This picture shows me teaching at The Center for Lutheran Theological Studies in Dapong, Togo. The seminar was offered for the seminary students. Vicars from nearby came also and several pastors. The professors of the Theological School attended as did the President of the Lutheran Church in Togo. They were very attentive, asked good questions and were all very appreciative. Several times I asked if they thought they could teach this in their churches at home in their villages and they said yes. Each participant in the seminar (about 40 in all) received one of each issue of GOOD NEWS in French.

After the seminar the student's wives had a prepared lunch for us, pictured here. It was rice with goat sauce. When we arrived at the Center last night I saw a guy skinning a goat out behind the guest house where I am staying. I didn't think too much of it at the time. But today, I really enjoyed it.

No comments: