Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kam P on the Second Article of the Apostles’ Creed

Second Article

This article speaks about Jesus Christ, who he is, and what works he has done. He was born as a baby to the Virgin Mary. He was brought as a savior of the world. He was crucified, died, and was buried. On the third day he rose from the dead and went to be with God, The Father Almighty. He will come again with glory to judge both the living and the dead.

The second article tells us about Jesus which means “the Lord saves.” Christ means “the Anointed.” The Holy Spirit anointed Christ to be our prophet, priest, and king throughout eternity. Jesus lived and overcame death to save us from our sins.

The Second Article means when I confess, “I believe in Jesus Christ” that I know and trust in Jesus Christ as my only savior from sin, death, and the power of the devil. I also know that he gives eternal life to those who believe. Jesus is true God and true man given to us from our Father from heaven.

This leads me to Jesus and his salvation. I know that he has forgiven all of my sins and freed me from those sins. I know that on the last day God will come again with all his glory so that I will live with him for eternity.

It is valuable to me that Christ ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of God our Father. It is comforting to know that he has paid the price of our sins by living and dying on the cross. One day all believers will be living with God our Father in heaven.

No comments: